Are Braces Cheaper than Invisalign?
Braces and Invisalign are valuable methods of treating various orthodontic conditions. After completing your initial complimentary exam, Dr. Koen will discuss which treatment options best fit your unique needs.
No matter which treatment you choose, investing your smile’s long-term health is always a smart idea! To learn how Koen Orthodontics can help you achieve a more natural smile, schedule a complimentary consultation with us today!
What to Expect with Braces
Braces are an effective and reliable treatment option for patients experiencing crooked, gapped, or misaligned teeth. Technological advances have made braces lighter and more comfortable than ever!
At Koen Orthodontics, we offer state-of-the-art braces systems, including:
- Victory Series™ Metal Braces
- 3M™ Clarity Clear Braces
- Clarity™ SL Self-Ligating Braces
Metal and ceramic braces use brackets, wires, and small rubber bands to shift your teeth into the desired position. Dr. Koen will assess your progress and adjust your wires during check-in visits. Clarity™ Ceramic Braces have brackets that blend in with your teeth to make the braces less visible.
Self-ligating braces use advanced technology that doesn’t require rubber bands. Instead, a clip system moves your teeth. These braces work around the clock to give you quicker results.
Koen Orthodontics is the preferred braces provider in Hendersonville and Cookeville!
Pros & Cons of Braces
- Versatility: Braces can effectively correct severe orthodontic issues.
- Great Results: Braces provide reliable and consistent results.
- Options: You can choose from different types of braces that fit your lifestyle.
- Visibility: Braces may make some people feel self-conscious.
- Maintenance: Braces have tiny gaps that can catch food particles, which require regular cleaning to prevent cavities and tooth decay.
- Comfort adjustment: You may experience temporary tenderness in your gums and teeth after adjustments.
What to Expect with Invisalign
Invisalign’s innovative clear aligners offer a discreet option for treating many orthodontic issues, including:
- Crowded teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Open bites
During your complimentary consultation, Dr. Koen will create a 3D scan of your teeth. If you are a candidate for Invisalign, you will receive new sets of custom-made aligners every few weeks that gradually transform your smile. You will need to wear your aligners for 20-22 hours a day to achieve the best results.
Pros & Cons of Invisalign
- Discretion: Invisalign uses virtually invisible plastic aligners that fit your teeth comfortably.
- Convenience: You can remove your aligners to eat meals and brush and floss your teeth.
- Maintenance: You can clean your aligners by soaking them in a cleaning solution or brushing them gently.
Compliance: Invisalign requires constant compliance to ensure you stay on schedule and achieve the desired results.
Which is Cheaper: Braces or Invisalign?
Many factors—including the severity of the case, length of treatment, type of braces, and insurance coverage— determine the cost of treatment.
That said, the average cost of braces is $2,000-$8,000. The average cost of Invisalign is $3,000-$8,000.
Dr. Koen and his friendly team are happy to discuss the cost of your treatment plan. We will review your insurance plan to determine how much of your care is covered. We also offer a variety of financing options that can accommodate your budget.
Which Option is Right for Me?
Braces and Invisalign aligners can improve your oral health and give you a stunning smile! To help you consider which option is right for you, Dr. Koen will examine your teeth and discuss your treatment options.
No matter which treatment option you choose, the doctors and staff at Koen Orthodontics will support you every step of the way. Our priority is to provide you with the best orthodontic care in Hendersonville and Cookeville.